We serve approximately 231,000 TRICARE beneficiaries and fill 667,000 prescriptions per year.
All eligible TRICARE beneficiaries
Visit the Facility Closures page
for planned 2023 closures.
The Community Center Pharmacy and Main Pharmacy locations are closed for training the second Thursday of each month; subject to change.
You must activate your prescriptions for them to be ready for pickup. You can sign up to receive automated text messages or phone calls once your prescription is ready for pickup. Request sign-up with the staff at the window.
Same-day prescription pickup is only available at our Main Pharmacy location, with a cutoff time of 4 p.m. Prescriptions processed at our Community Center Pharmacy will be ready for pickup in two duty days. Refills called in using the automated refill phone line (719-524-4081) will be ready in three duty days.
Same Day Medication Activation and Pick up
If you want to pick up medication(s) on the same day of activation, you need to start the activation at the Main Clinic Pharmacy before 4 p.m. Otherwise, your medication won’t be ready until the next duty day.
To Activate Prescriptions
Please note due to staff shortages and increased workload, we can’t activate new prescriptions or renewals by phone.
You can find other options on how to activate your prescriptions below. Prescriptions won’t be ready for pickup until after activation.
Other Options to Eliminate a Trip to the MTF
Express Scripts Home Deliver (Mail Order)
TRICARE approved Civilian (retail) pharmacy
- Option #1: Go to the Main Clinic Pharmacy Kiosk and wait for ticket number to be called to window. (This is the only option for urgent/same day prescription activation and pick-up).
- Option #2: Use the online MHS GENESIS Patient Portal to request activation for electronically sent prescriptions from on- or off-base providers instead of over the phone. Follow instructions on our guide (note: prescriptions will be ready for pick-up after two duty days).
- Option #3: Use Drop-Box at our Community Center Pharmacy (note: prescriptions will be ready for pickup after two duty days).
- Option #4: Call 719-524-4081 to activate medications that have refills remaining.
- On the phone tree, press option #2 (Air Force Academy Pharmacy Locations), then press #1 for pick-up at Community Center Pharmacy.
TRICARE Formulary Search Tool
Use the TRICARE Formulary Search Tool
to look-up your medication. A search can tell you:
- Formulary status (generic, brand-name, non-formulary, non-covered)
- Where the prescription can be filled
- Copayments and limitations, such as prior authorization
- Coverage review requirements and forms
- Alternative medications, including costs
Start your search by typing in the brand or generic name of the medication and then select the strength prescribed, as well as your gender and age.