We serve around 231,000 TRICARE beneficiaries and fill 667,000 prescriptions every year.
All eligible TRICARE beneficiaries.
Visit the Facility Closures page
for all planned closures in 2022.
The Main Pharmacy location is closed for training every second Thursday of each month. Our Community Center Pharmacy is open on those training days from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. for prescription pick-up. All Pharmacy locations will be closed on February, April, August, and December training days.
You must activate your prescriptions in order for them to be ready for pick-up. You can sign up to receive automated text messages or phone calls once your prescription is ready for pick-up. Request sign up with the staff at the window.
Same day prescription pick-up is only available at our Main Pharmacy location with a cut-off time of 4:00 p.m. Prescriptions processed at our Community Center Pharmacy will be ready for pick-up in 2 business days. Refills called in using the automated refill phone line (719-524-4081) will be ready in 3 business days.
Same Day Medication Activation and Pick up
If you want to pick up your medication(s) on the same day of activation, you need to start the activation at the Main Clinic Pharmacy before 4:00 p.m. Otherwise, your medication won’t be ready until the next business day.
Please note: our prescription turn-around times may be impacted due to COVID-19.
To Activate Prescriptions
Please note: due to staff shortages and increased workload, effective March 01, 2022, we won’t be able to activate new prescriptions or renewals by phone. You can find other options on how to activate your prescriptions below. Prescriptions won’t be ready for pick-up until after activation.
- Option #1: Go to the Main Clinic Pharmacy Window 1. (This is the only option for urgent/same day prescription activation and pick-up).
- Option #2: Use the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal to request activation online instead of over the phone. Follow instructions on our pamphlet (note: prescriptions will be ready for pick-up after 2 duty days).
- Option #3: Use Drop-Box at our Community Center Pharmacy (note: prescriptions will be ready for pick-up after 2 duty days).
- Option #4: Call 719-524-4081 to activate medications that have refills remaining.
- On the phone tree, select option #3 for pick-up at Community Center Pharmacy
- On the phone tree, select Option #7 for pick-up at Main Clinic Pharmacy (option currently unavailable, will re-open after April 2022)
Prescriptions from a Non-Military Clinic or Hospital
For prescriptions sent electronically from Providers on or off-Base (not prescribing from a Military Clinic or Hospital), please call 719-333-MEDS or 719-333-6337, Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Other Options to Eliminate a Trip to the MTF
TRICARE Formulary Search Tool
Use the TRICARE Formulary Search Tool to look-up your drug. A search can tell you:
- Formulary status (generic drug, brand-name drug, non-formulary drug, non-covered drug)
- Where the prescription can be filled
- Copayments and limitations, such as prior authorization
- Coverage review requirements and forms
- Alternative medications, including costs
- To start your search, you’ll need to put in the brand name or generic name of the drug and then select the strength prescribed, as well as your gender and age.