What We Do
We evaluate and treat patients through cardiac and pulmonary studies.
We perform the following types of procedures:
- Holter/event monitoring (continuous heart activity monitoring for 24 hours to 30 days)
- 24 hour blood pressure monitoring
- Cardiac exercise treadmill testing
- Methacholine (pulmonary breathing) studies
Who We Serve
Beneficiaries we treat include:
- TRICARE Prime enrollees age 18 and older
- Cadets (age 17 and older)
- TRICARE Plus
All Cardiopulmonary Clinic procedures require a referral from your Primary Care Manager (PCM) or other authorized clinic provider.
Your referral will be reviewed for appropriateness to be appointed at this facility, Fort Carson Cardiology
, Fort Carson Pulmonology, or with a network provider off-base. If our clinic is selected for care, either the Access to Care Line or our clinic will make three attempts to book your appointment.
If you're not contacted within 3 business days, your referral has likely been deferred off-base. Visit www.TRICARE-west.com
to access your network provider referral authorization. If no referral authorization is visible, contact our clinic directly at 719-333-5038 or 10th Medical Group Referral Management
to determine the status of your referral.
Additional information on the referral process is available on the Referral Support Page
or via the 10 MDG Referral Guide
If you have an active referral to or have been seen by USAF Academy Cardiopulmonary Clinic within the last 12 months, contact our clinic using the following:
- Message using the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal (see link to instructions below)
- Call the Access to Care Line at 719-524-2273, Option 1
- Call the clinic direct at 719-333-5038
How to Use the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal
Visit our tutorial page
that includes screen shots and step-by-step instructions for submitting messages, booking appointments and requesting appointments.
When messaging or searching our clinic, use the name: USAF Academy Cardiopulmonary Clinic