Physical Therapy (Cadet and Main Clinic)
What We Do
We provide therapy to improve performance and wellbeing for the following:
- Neuro-musculoskeletal evaluations
- Therapeutic exercise (stretching and strengthening programs)
- Pre-operative programs
- Post-operative program
- Dry needling
Services Not Available
We don't provide the following services:
- Acute and long term neurological conditions (balance disorders)
- CVA/stroke/brain injury
- Cardiac rehab
- Cerebral palsy
- Bells palsy
- Women’s health issues such as pregnancy, stress incontinence
- Chronic orthopedic problems
- Closed head injury
- Pediatric therapy for children younger than 13 years old
- Pelvic floor
- Pulmonary rehab
- Significantly impaired joints
- Vestibular rehab
Who We Serve
We serve Active Duty Service Members/Cadets assigned to:
- United States Air Force Academy
- Peterson Space Force Base
- Schriever Space Force Base
Additionally, we treat all beneficiaries operated on at the USAF Academy and established patients referred within the last 12 months.
We provide care to other beneficiaries varies based on staff availability.
Active Duty Air Force Service Members and Cadets do not require a referral for treatment. Contact the Access to Care line or clinic directly to schedule an initial evaluation or continued treatment.
An initial or new referral is required if you are not an Active Duty Air Force Service Member or Cadet and have not been evaluated or treated at this clinic within the last 12 months.
Your referral will be reviewed for appropriateness to be appointed at this facility, Fort Carson Physical Therapy
or with a network provider off-base. If our clinic is selected for care, the Access to Care Line will make three attempts to book your initial evaluation.
If you're not contacted within 3 business days to book your appointment, your referral has likely been deferred off-base. Visit www.TRICARE-west.com
to access your network provider referral authorization. If no referral authorization is visible, contact the Access to Care Line or 10th Medical Group Referral Management
to determine whether your referral is still in-progress.
Additional information on the referral process is available on the Referral Support Page
or via the 10 MDG Referral Guide
Your First Visit
Instructions for your initial appointment at our clinic:
- Cadets will be seen in the Physical/Occupational Therapy Clinic in the Cadet Medicine facility
- Non Cadets will be seen in the Main Clinic building Physical/Occupational Therapy Clinic
- Arrive 10 minutes early
- No children allowed in the clinic
- Wear comfortable clothing such as PT gear or gym attire
If you are an Active Duty Air Force Service Member, Cadet, or have an active referral to or have been seen by USAF Academy Physical Therapy Clinic within the last 12 months, contact our clinic using the following:
- Message using the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal (see link to instructions below)
- Request appointments using the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal (see link to instructions below)
- Call the direct line at 719-333-3107 (Main) or 719-333-5055 (Cadet)
- Call the Access to Care Line at 719-524-2273, Option 1
How to Use the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal
Visit our tutorial page
that includes screen shots and step-by-step instructions for submitting messages, booking appointments and requesting appointments.
When messaging or searching our clinic, use the name: USAF Academy Physical Therapy Messaging