What We Do
We provide individualized and evidence based nutrition interventions and recommendations. Services include, but not limited to, medical nutrition therapy, dietary education-classes and individual appointments, cooking demonstrations, sports and performance nutrition presentations and nutrition outreach to the community.
Who We Serve
All ages of patients enrolled in TRICARE Prime and TRICARE Plus at a military hospital or clinic
Your primary care manager or other qualified provider may write a referral for care at our clinic. We also allow patients to self-refer for care.
If a referral is written for you to receive care with nutritional medicine, your referral will be reviewed for appropriateness to be appointed at this clinic, Fort Carson Nutrition Services (719-526-7290), or with a network provider off-base.
- If our clinic is selected for care, the Access to Care Line will make three attempts to book your initial evaluation.
- If not contacted within 3 business days to book your appointment, your referral has likely been deferred off-base.
- Visit www.tricare-west.com to access your network provider referral authorization.
- If no referral authorization is visible, contact the Access to Care Line or 10th Medical Group Referral Management to determine whether your referral is still in-progress.
Additional information on the referral process is available on the Referral Support Page
or via the 10 MDG Referral Guide
Instructions for your initial appointment at our clinic:
- If scheduled for a virtual appointment/phone call, please be available for up to 30 minutes after your scheduled time
- If scheduled for a face to face appointment, please arrive 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
Cadets do not need a referral. Cadets are encouraged to contact the Registered Dietitian with the Cadet Medicine program. They can be reached at 719-333-9812.
If you are seeking counseling or care related to bariatric surgery, this will require a referral to Nutritional Medicine at Fort Carson/Evans Army Community Hospital (719-526-7290). This service is not available at our clinic.
Diabetes Group Class
Patients diagnosed with diabetes are encouraged to attend our multi-disciplinary diabetes management class. It is held on the first Tuesday of each month from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. It is held in the conference room on the second floor of the main clinic. The conference room is immediately in front as you exit the elevators.
Pre-diabetes Group Class
Patients diagnosed with pre-diabetes are encouraged to attend our class which focuses on lifestyle modification and nutrition interventions. It is held on the second Tuesday of each month from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. It is held in the conference room on the second floor of the main clinic. The conference room is immediately in front as you exit the elevators.
Nutrition Events for Squadrons/Flights/Work Centers
Contact us directly if you would like to receive interactive nutrition instruction or education for your work center. Please provide at least four weeks advanced notice.
Best Ways to Contact Us
- Message using the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal (see instructions below)
- Request appointments using the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal (see instructions below)
- Direct line for main clinic patients: 719-333-2895.
- Direct line for Cadets: 719-333-9812.
- Access to Care Line at 719-524-2273, option 1.
How to Use the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal
Visit our tutorial page
that includes screen shots and step-by-step instructions for submitting messages, booking appointments and requesting appointments.
When messaging or searching our clinic, use the name: USAF Academy Nutritional Medicine Clinic.