How to Use the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal
Explore our step-by-step tutorials on how to use some of the most popular MHS GENESIS Patient Portal features.
Jump to the tutorial you need with the links below:
Each tutorial features screenshots of the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal so you have a visual reference in addition to step-by-step instructions.
If you have not established a DS Logon, follow the steps provided via the MHS GENESIS information page
1. From the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal Dashboard, choose either Message My Provider or Renew My Medication.
2. In the New Message menu, select the patient who the message is about.
3. In the “To” field, search for the appropriate clinic name (see name reference list). All clinics start with: USAF Academy…
4. Type the subject, attach relevant files and write your message.
5. Click Send.
- USAF Academy Cadet Medicine (Cadets Only)
- USAF Academy Cadet Standards (Cadets Only)
- USAF Academy Allergy and Immunizations (Immunizations Only)
- USAF Academy Warrior Medicine (Active Duty Service Members Only)
1. From the Dashboard, choose Schedule an Appointment.
2. Click Schedule a New Appointment using the panel on the left side of screen.
3. Choose the patient that the message is for (if applicable due to dependents).
4. Choose the reason for your visit (all of our online bookable appointments are with either Primary Care or Immunizations).
5. Click Search.
6. Use the drop down to select the appropriate clinic – all clinics begin with Air Force Medicine USAF Academy…
7. Click Next.
8. First available appointment options will display.
9. Click Select if those options are desired.
10. To change filter of date range or specific provider, use those drop down selections at the top of the screen and then click Select on the desired appointment.
11. Provide reason for visit in the block titled “Describe any specific requests or special needs you want us to consider in preparation for your visit.”
12. Identify whether Patient Portal Message or Phone is best for contact regarding the appointment.
13. Click in the selection box if you desire an email with appointment details.
2. Click Schedule a New Appointment using the panel on the left side of screen
3. Choose the patient that this request is on behalf (if applicable due to dependents)
4. Choose Request Appointment (Other) Online in the field Choose a reason for your visit
5. Click Search.
6. In the “Send request to” field, search for the appropriate clinic name (see name reference list). All clinics start with: USAF Academy…
7. Fill in all required fields to assist the clinic staff with the information needed to fulfill your appointment request.
8. Click Send request.