Appointments & Referrals
By Phone - Call The Colorado Military Health System Appointing Center
To schedule an appointment by phone, call the Colorado Military Health System Appointing Center at 719-524-2273. The United States Air Force Academy is expanding the availability of virtual appointments. Depending on your needs, a video or telephone appointment with your provider may be a booked as an alternative to an in-person appointment.
Colorado Military Health System Appointment Center Hours
Monday–Friday: 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Closed Weekends and Federal Holidays
Online - Request Appointments in the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal
Reach out to your Air Force Academy health care team by sending a Secure Message anytime it’s convenient for you from your computer, tablet or smartphone via the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal
Aren’t signed up for the Patient Portal? Visit the MHS GENESIS information page
for more details.
Virtual Health - Communicate With Your Providers and Limit Need for Face to Face Visits or Overall Time in the Facility
Many of your healthcare needs such as referrals, medication renewals, records requests, medical paperwork and general health questions can be sent directly to your provider. Our primary care providers are easily searchable in the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal
using Last Name, First Name and all of our clinics are accessible in the Portal by typing “USAF Academy_Clinic Name.” Portal messaging names are provided on the individual webpages located within this site.
MHS Nurse Advice Line – Speak with a Registered Nurse 24/7
Sometimes you need a quick answer to a health question, and it helps to have an expert to turn to. With the Military Health System (MHS) Nurse Advice Line, you can get advice from a registered nurse anytime, 24/7.
Whether you’re worried about your sick child, not sure if you need an appointment, or need health care advice while traveling, the MHS Nurse Advice Line is only a phone call away. Call MHS Nurse Advice line for help 24 hours a day, seven days a week. (800) TRICARE (874-2273), Option 1.
Colorado Military Health System Specialty Care Referral Instructions
Your provider has requested a referral or consultation for specialty care. While we make every effort to schedule your care within a military specialty clinic first, your referral may be sent to a TRICARE-authorized provider. The resources listed below will help you navigate your specialty care referral.
- If your care can be provided at a military specialty clinic, Colorado Patient Access Services (PAS) will contact you within 3 business days, to book your appointment. If you do not receive a call within 3 business days, please contact us.
- By phone at 719-524-2273, Monday–Friday: 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. MST
- 3 attempts will be made to contact you by phone and if not successful, you will be notified of your referral for booking via your MHS GENESIS Patient Portal Account. You will receive an email notification of this message.
- If you are TRICARE Prime or Select and are referred to a TRICARE-authorized provider, Health Net Federal Services will help you with status updates: www.TRICARE-West.com
- Sign up to receive text or email alerts for status of your referral. Click on “Beneficiary” under the “Register” tab.
- Once your referral is approved, you can view and print your authorization letter featuring contact information for your authorized provider. This may take up to 7 business days. Note: Authorization letters are no longer mailed to home addresses unless requested for each referral.
- 1-844-866-9378, Monday–Friday: 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. MST
- When prompted, choose option 2 (sponsor), then option 2 (referrals).
- If you have other health insurance (OHI) or Medicare (with exception of Medicaid), TRICARE is the secondary payer ONLY after a claim has been filed with primary insurance. If you have questions, please contact you’re the Referral Management Center for assistance